2019 Winners Diana Sacilowski
Gendell Family and Shiner Family Fund
- The title of Naomi's research project is: Distant Proximities: Whiteness and Worldedness in Contemporary Jewish Literature Naomi writes:
- The title of Diana's research project is: Strategies of Silence: Representations of Jewish Poles in Polish Literature since the 1980s Diana writes:
- Hapsatou Wane is an Assistant Professor at Georgia Southern University-Armstrong Campus in the
- Hans Haacke, Germany, and the Public Sphere
- "The Crisis of All Nations": Cosmopolitanism, Nationalism, and the Emergence of Anglo-Jewish Zionism (1789-1917)
- Jewish Cosmopolitanism and Acculturation in the British Imagination, 1655-1753
- Working-Class Media and the Struggle for ‘Hegemonic Jewishness,’ 1919-1938
- Intimate Strangers: Intermarriage among Jews, Catholics, and Protestants in Germany, 1875-1935
- Decolonizing Autobiographies: Experience in African Diaspora Women’s Autobiographies
- Excerpt from Jenelle's proposal.
- Exiled Nostalgia: Remembrances of Iraq in the Improvised Songs of Iraqi-Jewish Women
- Emergency Aesthetics: Contemporary Commemorative Practices and the Politics of Memory (snippet of Jenelle's proposal)
- Except from Alex's proposal:
- My research focuses on ways out of traumatic silence across generations in contemporary French and Francophone Algerian fiction.