Ethan Madarieta received his Ph.D. in Comparative Literature with a graduate minor in Latina/Latino Studies and certificate in Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies.
- HGMS is delighted to announce that Comparative Literature and HGMS graduate student Alexandra van Doren defended her dissertation on April 30 and was hooded as an Illini Ph.D. on 11 May 2019.
- Joshua Altshuler graduated from the University of Illinois with a BA in History and a minor in Jewish Studies. He won the Filler Award in 2016.
- Classics and Jewish Studies major, Aria Tsoulouhas, graduated from the University of Illinois is the spring of 2018. Aria was a winner of the Filler Award in 2017.
- Jewish Studies minor, Payton Heyen, graduated from the University of Illinois in the spring of 2018 with a BA in History. She was a winner of the Filler Award in 2017.
- Elana Jakel is Program Manager of the Initiative for the Study of Ukrainian Jewry at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies at the United States Holocaust Memor
- Jessica Young is currently an Assistant Professor of Global English at New College of Florida.
- Hapsatou Wane is an Assistant Professor at Georgia Southern University-Armstrong Campus in the Department of Literature.
- Priscilla Charrat Nelson is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor of French and Arabic at Bradley University.
- Dmitry Tartakovsky completed his PhD in history in 2009. After working as Attaché/Vice Consul for the State Department, Balkans analyst for Army Special Forces, and the UIUC Library’s Slavic Reference Service, he is currently Managing Editor for the Slavic Review.
- Andrew Demshuk's research focuses on post-1945 German and Polish history.
- Jovana Babovic is an affiliated scholar at the Institute of Advanced Study at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. She holds a PhD from the Department of History at Illinois, with expertise in East European, Russia, and comparative urban history.