Timothy E Wedig Ph.D.
Dr. Wedig joined the Global Studies program in 2008 and became the Associate Director in 2013. He holds a PhD in Government and Politics from the University of Maryland, College Park. Research and teaching interests are focused on approaches to diplomacy and negotiation, conflict prevention and resolution, humanitarian intervention, and state-sponsored mass killing/genocide in particular in Rwanda. He has extensive experience in designing and facilitating simulation exercises for classroom and professional/community training environments.
- Conflict resolution, diplomacy and negotiation, technology and social movements, genocide and ethnic conflict, international humanitarian intervention, African political economy, education and training simulations
"Teaching Global (International) Relations: A Theoretical and Pedagogical Review." (Pending submission) (Co-authored with Tanu Kohli, PhD.)
"Historical Narrative and Post-Conflict Reconciliation." In progress
- PhD Political Economy and Comparative Politics, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.A. Government and Politics, University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A. Secondary Education, Social Studies, Penn State University
- GLBL 100: Introduction to Global Studies
- GLBL 220: Governance
- GLBL 392: International Diplomacy and Negotiation
- GLBL 494: Research Methods I
- GLBL 495: Research Methods II
- GLBL 499: Managing Dystopia (Co-taught with Dr. Tanu Kohli)