- Early African American Print Culture
- Representations of Race and Citizenship
- Early American Literature and Political Culture
- Richard Wright
- Speculative/Science Fiction
- PhD., English, Vanderbilt University (2012)
- M.A., English, Vanderbilt University (2005)
- B.A., English, Tougaloo College (2004)
Distinctions / Awards
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship for Teachers of English, 2016-2017.
- Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory Junior Faculty Fellowship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2015-2017.
- Mellon Caltech-Huntington Postdoctoral Instructor, California Institute of Technology, 2013-2014